Because Holmes was able to transcend the bias of Scotland Yard and think as a criminal, he became a model for how Victorian law enforcement must deal with the modern criminal mind. Reason must enable one to transcend bias and understand the enemy; only then can one solve problems and neutralize the enemy threat.
See a Problem?
Adenauer, Brandt, and Holmes offered a third choice to the German male of the s: rather than succumbing to the hegemony of East or West, the German male had to choose reason as a weapon against the biased and close-minded ideologies of nuclear-age Communism and Capitalism. Recognizing that the answers lie somewhere on the spectrum between two extremes, Adenauer and Holmes were able to solve problems with the weapon of reason: Adenauer as a bridge between Germany and the Soviet Union and Holmes as a bridge between the criminal world and Scotland Yard.
Likewise, using the models of Adenauer and Holmes, the German male could bridge the gap between East and West and thereby hopefully neutralize the threat of nuclear annihilation for future generations to enable a world where ICBMs would become museum relics of a regrettable past.
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes.
Richard L. Green, ed. The Return of Sherlock Holmes. Selected Stories.
Roberts, ed. Strassenfeger Sherlock Holmes--Das gefleckte Band. Paul May.
Das getupfte Band und andere Detektivgeschichten : Sherlock Holmes Klassiker
Secondary Sources Barnes, Alan. Sherlock Holmes on Screen. London: Titan Books, Bergfelder, Tim. The Oxford Companion to English Literature. London: Gale Research, Deutsche Biographie. Bayerische Staats Bibliothek.
Web, 31 May Deutsche Nationalbibliothek. Oxford Reference. Evans, Andrew.
Fernsehserien Deutschland. Boston: Twayne, Friedman, Norman. Hanna Schissler. The Sherlock Holmes stories are generally considered milestones in the field of crime fiction.
- (PDF) Joseph P. Willis--Chapter 2 Excerpt .pdf | Joseph P Willis - leibandoughle.tk?
- Vos billets, sil vous plaît: 5 (GF MIDNIGHT LIB) (French Edition)!
- A Study in Scarlet.
- Literary Theology by Women Writers of the Nineteenth Century (The Nineteenth Century Series).
- ON THE ART OF SKETCHING FROM NATURE IN WATER COLOURS.!
Arthur Conan Doyle was a British writer best known for his detective fiction featuring the character Sherlock Holmes. He was a prolific writer whose other works include fantasy and science fiction stories, plays, romances, poetry, non-fiction and historical novels. Namespaces Article Talk.
Sherlock Holmes ( TV series) - Wikipedia
This television program -related article is a stub.
- Das getupfte Band und andere Detektivgeschichten : Arthur Conan Doyle : .
- Ernst and Sarah : How Hans Regained His Love?
- Das getupfte Band. Das Landhaus in Hampshire. Sherlock Holmes. 2 CDs. [Audiobook]?
- Sherlock Holmes (1967 TV series).
- PDF Sherlock Holmes - Das getupfte Band (German Edition);
You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.